Personal Financial Management
Once you click on "Register", you will go to the registration page where you will create your username and password and provide information about you and your bankruptcy. Joint filers can register and take the course together. After this page, you will need to proceed to the final page to make your payment of $7.95. Once your payment is accepted, your course will activate and you can begin.
If your attorney or bankruptcy preparer provided you with a Promo/Coupon Code, he/she is paying for your course. You will still need to "Register" for the course and then you will enter this code on the last step, to bypass the payment screen.
Mandatory Disclosures (Please Read)
- The fee for the course is $7.95 per household. Joint filers are welcome to take the course together.
- Our course developer and teacher is a certified member with the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences. She is uniquely qualified to offer this class with over 13 years experience in Credit and Financial Services and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration & Management. This course is available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- $$ Bankruptcy Debtor Education does not pay or receive fees or other consideration for referral of debtor students to or by $$ Bankruptcy Debtor Education.
- This course is offered to debtor students without regard to a debtor student’s ability to pay. The course is available for free or at a reduced rated based on the debtor student's ability to pay. $$ Bankruptcy Debtor Education will waive the fee if the student's source of income is disability and/or they can show a hardship by providing Schedule I of the bankruptcy petition, and will also waive the pre-discharge debtor education fee if the student's initial bankruptcy filing fees were waived. (Please see additional information about fee waivers in our FAQs or click here Fee Waiver Policy)
- Upon completion of this course, $$ Bankruptcy Debtor Education will provide a certificate of completion to the student which can be mailed, emailed or faxed to the student and attorney/bankruptcy preparer.
- We will provide you and/or your attorney (or bankruptcy preparer) with your certificate(s) of completion via the method(s) you select during registration. Certificates are typically provided on the same day of course completion, or the next day depending on the time of completion. Once your certificate(s) is generated, you may also retrieve and download it directly by signing in with your username and password.
- The United States Trustee has reviewed only the provider’s instructional course and has neither reviewed nor approved any other services the provider provides to debtors.
- $$ Bankruptcy Debtor Education does not offer any other non-instructional services.
- Our course is available in both English and Spanish. If another language is needed, please contact our customer service and we will assist you to find another provider that offers the course in your preferred language.
- A debtor or debtors will only receive a certificate of completion if the debtor(s) completes the instructional course of personal financial management.